Two of our Lubbock Junior Academy students; Hayden S. McCombs and Timothy J. Verastegui, are recipients of the
President’s Education Award.
This award recognizes students who show outstanding educational growth, improvement, commitment or
intel- lectual development in their academic subjects.
The following are examples of the criteria for which the President’s Award for Educational Achieve-
ment is presented:
• Show tremendous growth as a student and as a member of society.
• Demonstrate unusual commitment to learning in academics.
• Maintain a school record that meets the school and state’s standards.
• Show outstanding growth in particular subjects, such as English, math, science, etc.
• Demonstrate achievement in the fine arts.
Congratulations Hayden and Timothy. Our prayer is that you will use these talents
in the service of God and the gospel.