3 And this is eternal life, that they may
know You, the only true God, and Jesus
Christ whom You have sent.
John 17:3 New King James Version (NKJV)
A rich individual has contacted you. He desires to give $1 Million to someone deemed worthy and has chosen you to be the recipient. There are only three requirements, which must be done in the order presented: show up, introduce yourself, and sign your name on the dotted line.
You arrive at the destination, where you find the document requiring your signature waiting at the door. The individual is not home, however, so what should you do? –
1. Sign your name, leave a note for the individual, and go on with your busy day.
2. Sign your name, wait for the individual (even if it takes all day), then introduce yourself.
3. Wait for the individual (even if it takes all day), introduce yourself, then sign your name.
Those who want the money badly enough will choose Option 3. Why is this? Because in this situation, ORDER IS IMPORTANT.
The Anointed Savior gave us what some know as the Great Commission in a certain order, which is the following:
1. Go and make disciples of all nations, preaching the Gospel to every creature.
2. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Those who believe and are baptized will be saved, but those who do not believe will be condemned.
3. Teach them to observe all things, whatever I have commanded of you. Lo, I am with you always, even beyond the end of time. And these signs will follow those who believe: in My name, they shall cast out demons, speak new languages, take up serpents, and be immune to any deadly poison; also, they shall place hands of healing upon the sick, who shall then recover.
Brothers and Sisters of the Way, are we possibly “putting the cart before the horse”? Are we misrepresenting the Example put before us? Perhaps a better question than these is, “ARE WE OUT OF ORDER?” Let us have a conversation… with Him.
Robert Plant, II